Date of Last Revision: October 17, 2022
This Privacy Statement covers the types of personal information we may collect for our own reasons, as well as how we use, safeguard, and disclose that information, as well as your options. By utilizing the Services, you consent to the collecting procedures and objectives mentioned in this Privacy Statement. Any capitalized words used but not defined in this Privacy Statement have the meanings specified in the respective Services' Terms of Service.
You can access individual subjects by clicking the following links:
Types of Information We Collect
The following are examples of the sorts of information we may acquire directly from you, about you, and/or from third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
Information collected directly from you:
- Account Registration. Your name, email address, phone number, and other pertinent details are required to establish an account. Additionally, we may collect information on the actions you take while signed into your account. The gathering and use of this information is necessitated by the requirement to provide account-related functionality to our users. Accounts may be used for streamlined checkout, saving preferences, selecting areas of interest, and seeing past transactions.
- Information You Post on the Services. We may collect Personal Information from you when you supply or publish information to our Services, including your username, comments, likes, interests, status, photos, and references to your online presence, if such functionality is accessible on the Services. We may use your information for our own purposes and/or provide it to others at your request.
- Information You Provide About Others. Occasionally, you may share information about others, such as when referring a friend to sign up for a newsletter. We may use your information to provide our Services to the individuals you refer.
- Sweepstakes or contests. When you choose to enter a contest or sweepstakes, we gather information about you, including your contact information so that we can tell you if you are selected. The collection and use of this information is necessary for the operation of the contest or sweepstakes. In some circumstances, we are obligated by law to gather information on people who join our sweepstakes, and we have a commercial interest in complying with these requirements.
- Mailing List. We gather your email address and/or mailing address if you join up for one of our mailing lists. We gather and utilise this data because we have a legitimate business requirement to disseminate information about our products and services.
- Partner Promotion. We gather the information that you may supply as part of a campaign with another organization. The gathering and use of this information are necessary for the fulfillment of our campaigns.
- Feedback/Support. If you offer us comments or request help, we may collect your name, e-mail address, and any other content you send us in order to respond. The gathering and use of this information are necessary for us to receive and respond to your comments or concerns.
- Employment-related data (directly from you): When you choose to apply for a job at a GamesIB Company, we gather the information required to complete your application and to maintain you as an employee. This may include your résumé or CV, SSN, and other information you supply throughout the application and hiring process. The goal of collecting is to assist us in matching you to vacant positions, facilitating the recruitment process, and fulfilling our employment contract with you or the expectation of employment.
Information collected Automatically:
- E-mail Interconnectivity. If you get an email from us, we may collect information about when you open the email, click any links or advertisements it includes, and make purchases. The gathering and use of this information is motivated by the need to comprehend how you engage with our messages to you.
- Mobile Devices (such as Phones, Tablets, and Other Digital Media Streaming Devices). When you visit one of our Services, we may collect information from your Mobile Device, such as the unique identifier emitted by your device. We gather and utilize this information because we have a legitimate business requirement to recognize unique visitors and comprehend how users interact with us on their devices.
- Website interactions. We employ technologies to determine how you engage with our website (e.g., session replay). This might include the links you visit or the data you provide into our online forms. This might also include information about your browser or device. We gather and use your information because we have a legitimate business requirement to comprehend how you interact with our website in order to enhance it, and to comprehend your preferences and interests in order to choose offerings that you may find most useful. We must also safeguard our services and detect and prevent fraud for commercial reasons.
- Location Data. We may request your consent to gather your location data when you use some of our Services. Some aspects of our Services (such as location-based offers) may require confirmation of your location to function; consequently, you will not have access to these services if you opt not to share your location data. The precision of the location data may rely on several factors, such as the device you are using and your Internet connection.
- Cookies, for advertising. Some of our Services engage in behavior-based advertising, which means that technology (e.g., cookies) is used to collect information about your use of our Services in order to display advertisements for products and services that match your interests on our Services or other websites. Our business needs involve the collection and use of this information in order to engage in behavior-based advertising and collect analytics on our Services. The information we collect may include your IP address, which may be used to approximate your location. We use your information to guarantee the functionality of the Services and to provide you with tailored content and advertising, including personalized adverts.
- Cross-Device Tracking. We and our service providers may collect and retain information on users' activities with unaffiliated websites and applications that employ our technologies, such as cookies and similar tracking technologies. This enables us to infer the existence of a common person or household behind several devices or browsers, for example, and then link those browsers and devices to create a device graph. We gather and utilize this information because we have a commercial requirement to understand how our users use our sites across devices so that they may enjoy our services on one device and seamlessly continue where they left off on another. In addition, we have a commercial requirement to give targeted advertising on each device based on the surfing behavior across all devices.
Information we may collect from other sources:
- Client Information. We may gather contact information from our business clients and their workers' employees, such as name, email, address, and/or phone number. In order to run our website effectively and give our business clients the possibility to remember preferences like login and preferred language, we have a commercial requirement to collect and utilize this data.
- Activity and usage information, containing details about your preferences, buying habits, and other navigational data used to tailor content and advertising, as websites are visited, and adverts watched or clicked on.
- Publicly observed data. such as actions taken on blogs, videos, and other online postings that are used to tailor advertising and content.
- Social Media Platforms and Other Third-Party Services. Features created to interact with social media sites and other third-party services may be present in certain of our services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and loyalty programs). We may get information about you from such third parties, such as account and profile data, if you use the Services through one of these social media platforms or provide us access to their services. We may then combine this information with information we already have about you. Please see the section below on social features for further details on how to utilise social networks.
• We may also gather information about you from co-branded partners and websites (like those on our Facebook pages), from our advertisers, and from commercially available sources. Examples of these interactive applications include mobile devices, third-party social networking services, and embedded audio and video players (e.g., data aggregators and public databases). The actions of third parties, including those who could divulge information to us, are not covered by this privacy statement.
- Employment-related data Including data from a recruiting agency when you decide to apply for a job with a different company. We will use the information we collect to connect you with vacant opportunities and streamline the hiring process.
Use and Processing of Information
We may use information in the following ways in addition to the ones listed elsewhere in this policy:
• To recognize you whenever you interact with us or use our services.
• To offer suggestions for products and content based on your interactions and interests.
• To fulfill orders placed in our Services or with our Clients, to make our Services available to you.
• To process payments and confirm your identification or payment information for your security and protection in connection with transactions related to your usage of Services for which there is a fee.
• To contact you (for instance, with changes to our terms or your account) and to answer questions you may have concerning support, job openings, or other requests.
• To distribute marketing and promotional materials for our Services that comply with legal requirements, such as details on our goods, services, sales, market research, or promotions.
• To deliver tailored advertisements to you on our Services based on your online activities. In order to show you relevant interest-based advertising, measure the effectiveness and reach of advertisements and services, confirm delivery and track the performance of an advertising campaign, and make sure that the same users don't see the same ads too frequently, we use the information we have to improve our advertising systems. By clicking the Cookie Settings link in the footer of each website, you may adjust your preferences for targeted advertising.
• To confirm your participation in and eligibility for freebies, contests, or sweepstakes, as well as to notify you if you've won. We will make that information clear in the applicable rules regulating the contest, gift, or sweepstakes if your input information will be used for any other reasons.
• To keep an eye on , make improvements to, and perform analytics on our Services and the product offerings from advertisers.
• For internal administrative functions including managing our relationships and ensuring the safety and security of our Services.
• To enable you to utilize whatever social features you wish, including live social media feeds, and to engage in social sharing.
• From time to time , the Apps in our Services could ask to notify you via push notifications on any events or promotions we might be holding. Additionally, the Apps could request your consent to access your camera and your photographs. You can turn them off at the device level if you no longer desire to receive these communications or if you previously permitted the application to access your camera and photographs and now wish to prevent the Apps from doing so. We will need to gather specific information about your devices, such as the operating system and user identity information, to make sure you receive the right notifications.
• To uncover security breaches and safeguard against nefarious, dishonest, fraudulent, or unlawful activities, including trying to bend the rules or flout our policies, processes, and terms and conditions.
• To fulfill our legal responsibilities , to establish or exercise our rights, to respond to a legal claim, and to look into, stop, or do something about potential wrongdoing.
• For any other uses authorized by law and in accordance with your permission and not covered by this privacy statement.
Although the aforementioned sections outline our main goal(s) in gathering your information, there are times when we have multiple goals. For instance, if you make an online purchase, we may need to gather your information to fulfill our contract with you, but we also need to store your information for business purposes so that we may readily address any problems you may have about your order after the transaction is complete. As a result, we may collect and use your information when we have your consent, as necessary to carry out a contract, as required by law, or as necessary for us to run our company.
Sharing of Information
- We may release your Personal Information in the following circumstances, in addition to the particular ones covered elsewhere in this policy:
- Acquisitions and Affiliates. Your Personal Information could be shared with our business affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). We will also share your Personal Information with another firm using proper protections if another company buys or proposes to buy our business, corporation, or assets.
- Our corporate clients. When we gather data on behalf of our corporate clients, we make such data available to those companies.
- Service suppliers . We supply service providers with your information. Service providers may assist us with managing our website, conducting surveys, offering technical assistance, assisting or supporting our company operations and other administrative tasks, processing payments, and helping to fulfill orders, among other things.
- Promotion of partners. With outside partners, we could run competitions, sweepstakes, or other promotions. Your information will be shared with us and that third-party partner if you choose to participate in a contest, sweepstakes, or promotion that is hosted by and/or linked to that partner. This privacy statement does not apply to how they utilize your data.
- Services for the audience measurement . In order to assist us and other websites measure and comprehending the audiences who read our content, we could share your Personal Information with audience measurement firms like ComScore and Nielsen.
- Video-watching habits . We may share information about your video-watching habits with third parties, such as advertising agencies, analytics partners, and social media platforms, in accordance with any relevant laws.
- De-identified and Aggregated Information . We reserve the right to disclose de-identified, aggregated data to any third party. This data isn't connected to any personal information that can place you or another person in a specific context.
- Public. A public forum may be available for posting comments or reviews on some of our Services. The information you provide on our Services may be made public if you choose to do so.
- Additional Disclosures Made Without Your Consent. To comply with applicable laws or in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, as well as other legal processes, we may be required to divulge information. Additionally, we could disclose your information in order to defend against legal action, establish or execute our legal rights, as well as in order to look into, stop, or do anything about alleged fraud, unlawful activity, the safety of people or property, or policy violations.
- Social Qualities Features intended to allow interactions between our website and third-party websites or services, including third-party social networks, may be present in some of our Services (collectively, "Social Features"). For instance, you might be able to "like" or "share" content from our Services on other online platforms, such as Twitter, YouTube/Google, Facebook/Instagram, and LinkedIn. You should consider the privacy policies of these services before deciding to share or "like" anything from our Services through them.
GamesIB and the social media services that run the Social Features may have access to some information about you and how you use both our site and theirs if you utilize Social Features on our Services or access our Services via Social Features. The interfaces set up on our Services may enable a social media site to link your site visit and browsing activity to the personal data stored on your social media site if you are a member and registered in to that social media site. On these social media platforms, we could use your information in aggregate to show you advertising that are relevant to your interests. You are recommended to study the privacy policies of these social networking sites independently since their policies regulate these practices.
Additionally, we could ask for your consent to access and gather data from your social networking account. You give us permission to access certain information about you from your social networking account when you link your GamesIB account to one. This allows us to provide content and services to you, such as helping us customize our communications with you and creating rich online content and services across the Services. The privacy rules and settings of such third-party services control the data we could obtain through your social networking services.
The privacy policies of the social media platforms, including whether they continue to share information with us, the types of information shared, and your choices regarding what is visible to others on those third-party websites or services, continue to apply to the information gathered and stored by those platforms.
Services for TV and audio controls
In order to improve your experience watching video content, we have worked with a few other businesses that provide TV and audio control services. For instance, you may search for, access, or recommend video content on the Services using third-party applications and audio control services like the Apple TV App or Siri. These applications and audio control services might be able to gather and save data about you, including information about your activity related to watching videos on the Services. You agree to the sharing of information about you, including the video content you have seen on the Services, by utilizing your Services account with a third-party TV app or audio control service. By accessing the privacy settings of the third-party app, you may restrict how third-party TV apps or audio control services gather and retain data about your watching of video content. By accessing the Apple TV App Settings page and selecting the "Remove and Clear Play History" option, for instance, you may stop the Apple TV App from collecting and storing your video content viewing data. For additional information on the privacy policies for Apple TV and audio control services, go here.
Maintain Information Control
You have the following options when it comes to your personal information via our online form here:
- The ability to access your personal data. You have the right to ask us to provide you access to the personal data we have collected about you. We shall provide you with reasonable access to the personal data we hold on you upon request and as required by law.
- Modifications to Your Personal Data. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of your Personal Information. Please take note that, to the extent authorized by law, we may retain historical data in our backup files. Contact us at the address shown below if our Services do not allow you to update or modify specific information. Please get in touch with us at [email protected] if you wish to make changes to your personal information.
- The removal of your personal data. Unless a longer retention term is needed or authorized by law, when we collect information on our own behalf, we normally retain your Personal Information for the time necessary to achieve the objectives described in this policy. However, by contacting us at the address shown below, you can ask us for details on the length of time we hold a particular type of information or ask us to erase your Personal Information. We will abide with a request to have information removed if required by law, but you should be aware that there are times when we must retain personal data to meet legal requirements, settle disputes, uphold agreements, or for another one of our business needs. We shall answer that we are acting as a Service Provider and are unable to comply with your request if we are processing your Personal Information on behalf of one of our clients.
- Opposition to Particular Processing. You can object to how we use your Personal Information when we handle data on our own behalf by contacting us at the number provided below. For instance, California residents may have the right to object to or withdraw their consent from the sale of their Personal Information to third parties. Please click the following link if you live in California and would prefer not to have your information sold: Please don't sell my private information. When California consumers exercise any of the rights outlined in this policy, we do not treat them differently.
- Withdrawal of Consent. In the event that you withdraw your permission to the processing of your personal data, we might no longer be able to offer you services. If the law enables or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to sufficiently authenticate your identification, we may in some circumstances limit or refuse your request to revoke consent. By getting in touch with us at the address provided below, you can revoke your permission processsing (where such processing is based on consent).
Please be aware that we must need identification proof from you in order to complete your request because it is required by law. We may need your name, phone number, and email address in order to process your request, at the very least. Depending on how sensitive the personal information associated to your request is, we might need more information to confirm your identity.
Tatina is the Updaw Company's data protection officer.
Any of the aforementioned requests may be submitted byauthorizedised agent using our online form or by contacting us as specified above.
Additionally, you have the following options when it comes to communication preferences:
- Email marketing. You have the option to provide us your email address so that we may send you emails, surveys, offers, and other promotional information. Follow the unsubscribe instructions in emails you receive to stop getting promotional communications. We may still send you service-related information even if you choose not to receive promotional emails.
- Direct mail campaigns. Your name, address, and zip code should be included in an email to us (contact information is below) with the subject line "NO SNAIL MAIL" if you ever decide that you do not want to receive offers and/or circulars from us. Please be aware that email sails are prepared before they are delivered. After receiving your request, we will remove your name from our mailing list, but you could still get mailings from us that were started before your name was removed.
- Push Alerts and Text Messages. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you opt out-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP” or “UNSUBSCRIBE.” You may choose whether to get push notifications on your device.
- Tracking online. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. If we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your Personal Information, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Some of our websites permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password or device, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
VISITORS FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
For additional information about our privacy practices and additional rights you may have please click on the appropriate link for your jurisdiction:
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
• Transmission of Information to Other Countries. As a multi-national company, we may transmit information between and among our affiliates. As a result, your information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. We take steps to treat personal information using the laws of the country in which we first received your information.
For certain jurisdictions your Personal Information may be subject to the laws of the country to which it is transferred, and if permitted by law, may be accessible without notice to you by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of that country. By using and participating in any of our Services or providing us with your information, you acknowledge the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information.
• Collection of Information from Children. We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy and safety of children, and our website and services are directed towards a general audience and are not directed towards children. We do not knowingly collect information about children under the age of 13 or minors otherwise defined in local law or regulation without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that someone under 13 has provided personal information through one of our websites, we will use reasonable efforts to remove that information from our databases.
• Information for California Residents. California Civil Code 1798.115(c), 1798.130(a)(5)(c), 1798.130(c), and 1798.140 indicate that organizations should disclose whether certain categories of information are “sold” or transferred for an organization’s “business purpose” as those terms are defined under California law. You can find a list of the categories of information that we collect on our own behalf and how we share that information below. Please note that because this list is comprehensive it may refer to types of information that we share about people other than yourself. If you would like more information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing, please submit a written request to us using the information in the “Contact Information” section